The changing of the leaves has us daydreaming over new home hues. From jewel tones to oversaturated oranges, autumnal tones bring a burst of drama and natural allure to any space.
As interior revamps go, switching up paint colors via a bold accent wall or full-blown makeover is a cost-effective and wildly transformative design project. You’ll definitely get plenty of bang for your buck.
To give you some seasonal inspiration, we’ve targeted our very top shades for fall. We’re currently craving lush, subdued neutrals and ephemeral shades that echo the raw beauty of the great outdoors. Paired with chic and artful accessories, these alluring hues are at the top of our must list for bringing any space up to the moment.
Capitalize on the crisp, clean weather and get your home completely turned out in time to welcome in the holidays. Now’s the time to feather your nest. Winter is coming.
▪ Blood orange: This season we’re loving oranges with a kick of red. When painting with brights, sample multiple swatches. Natural light and square footage will make a major impact on the overall aesthetic.
▪ Petrol blue: One of our favorite online vintage sources, 1stdibs, first alerted us to this particular shade of azure hue. The dusty and dramatic blue is elegant and striking without ever veering into melodrama. The sublimely subtle hue is entirely handsome.
▪ Concrete gray: We’ve been really feeling concrete this year. The pared-down architectural vibe of the raw material lends a structured precision and raw, dynamic appeal to modern accessories and furniture. Light gray emits soothing, tranquil notes that feel consistently edited and poised.
▪ Terra-cotta: One Fine Stay’s Via Zara in northern Rome is the stuff dreams and passport stamps are made of. Nod to the crisp fall weather by bringing natural, outdoor-centric hues indoors. We especially love the soulful and unexpected combination of earthy terra-cotta with lustrous teal.
▪ Ash blond: Neutrals are eternal. The poise and restraint of the perfect blond is perennially chic and undeniably timeless. This season, we’re all about subtle tan shades on the cooler side of the spectrum. It’s beige with a side of dusty, overcast appeal.
▪ Emerald City green: Ever since Gwyneth Paltrow breezed on screen in Alfonso Cuaron’s “Great Expectations” in 1998, we’ve been swooning over emerald green as the official color mascot of fall. Studio McGee’s Claybourne Project is a master class in jewel-tone chic. Pairing crisp whites with dimensional marble and pops of greenery, the blend of deep hue and modern embellishments is intelligent and muse-worthy.
▪ Matte black: Black doesn’t have to be serious and moody. Matte black walls evoke iconic high-contrast appeal while still keeping the vibe exuberant and relaxed. This season, we’re making a strong case for adding in a dose of dark art cool.
▪ Chalk white: Are we ever going to get over the all-white space aesthetic? No. We’ll never let go. If you share in our affinity for pure white abodes (the serene sophistication, the unfettered glamour, the bright calm …) feel free to wax poetic along with us via a fresh coat of chalk white paint. It remains the ultimate refresh.