With the warm weather officially here and flowers in bloom, many homeowners may be looking for interesting and creative ways to display florals.
You can do more with flowers than just place them in a vase, and don’t dismiss artificial options. While fresh flowers are fragrant and gorgeous, artificial arrangements can be attractive and low-maintenance.
When looking to incorporate florals into your home decor, here are some top tips.
▪ Look for color and texture. Flowers are a wonderful opportunity to create interest.
▪ Consider nonfloral options such as succulents and grasses, which can be appropriate for modern environments.
▪ Consider using pure white. In certain environments, white flowers can feel really crisp, clean and fresh.
▪ Experiment with different types of vessels and containers. Often opaque or graphic patterns can create interest.
▪ Consider using floral arrangements of different heights in your space. It can help create an increased sense of drama.
▪ Just use clear glass vases and containers. Use your vases as an opportunity to bring color into your decor.
▪ Reject artificial florals as an option. The artificial floral industry has come a long way with host of very realistic and attractive options.
▪ Forget to use blooms in even small areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.
▪ Overdo it. Too many flowers in a space can come across as overpowering and unappealing.
▪ Just stick to traditional colors. Black flowers and even those that are in interesting or mixed shades may be appealing and attractive.