With spring officially here, what better way to usher in the season than by sprucing up your outdoor environment?
When it comes to home decor, remember that what is on the outside is as important as what is on the inside. As so many homeowners spend the majority of their time outdoors during warmer months, it is important to make your outdoor environment attractive, cozy and functional.
Here are some spruce-up tips that may be helpful as you prepare to welcome spring.
1. Check your outdoor deck and patio. Typically spring is a good time to check tiles, fittings and perhaps re-sand or add gravel to existing patios or make deck repairs.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
2. Make sure you have an operational umbrella. As the sun shifts, there is no reason to abandon the outdoors.
3. Create multiple areas of entertainment. From an area for dining to one for lounging and entertainment, creating various entertainment areas or zones will help prolong your outdoor enjoyment.
4. Consider incorporating an outdoor kitchen.
5. Bring in plenty of blooms. Flowers can add an enormous amount of enjoyment to the outdoor experience from color to attracting nature.
6. Consider coordinating blooms with your decor. Instead of randomly selecting a color scheme, consider one that ties into your decor such as cushions and pillows.
7. Create small vignettes. Consider smaller seating areas sprinkled throughout your outdoor space.
8. Use bold, rich colors. Reds, oranges, blues and yellows are great options.
9. Update your decor. Just as you would update your indoor decor to keep it fresh and attractive, don’t let your outdoor furniture and furnishings become old and tired.
10. Look for ways to enjoy your outdoor space both during the day and at night. This often includes incorporating various lighting options.