With over 20 years of experience in traditional real estate brokerage, Talley and Associates Auction Service’s knowledgeable team has a diverse background that brings a wealth of experience in agricultural land market auctions as well as sales. Located in Smithville, Talley and Associates holds auctions on all types of real estate, including residential and commercial, but focuses primarily on agricultural land and firearms auctions.
Broker owner Dirk Talley is excited to announce its next auction: a 715-acre farm in Daviess County, Missouri. This farm is formally known as Turpin Acres, and includes 563 acres of highly productive fertile bottom land of which 91 percent is tillable. It is productive Grand River bottom ground with class II Nodaway silt loam soils.
The farm will be auctioned at 1 p.m. on Dec. 8 at the Daviess County Country Club in Gallatin, Mo. Gallatin is approximately 70 miles from Kansas City and 55 miles from St. Joseph. There will be two preview dates: Oct. 22 on site from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Daviess County Country Club. Interested parties may also call to schedule a private tour. Pre-bids are welcome.
The 715 acres can be purchased as one tract, or will be offered in four tracts, including two recreational/ hunting tracts and excellent building sites. Combinations of tracts are possible, also. It is rare to have this large of acreage in an absolute auction, which means there is no reserve price, the land will sell the day of the auction.
For those interested in purchasing the farm as an investment, the staff can assist with securing reputable tenants to ensure a safe return on your investment, and also can assist with a 1031 tax exchange if necessary. Additionally, potential buyers interested in diversifying a portfolio or needing financing assistance should call for more information.
Terms and conditions of the sale are as follows:
▪ The sale is to be for cash, with a down payment equal to 10 percent of the successful bid to be paid on the date of the sale, which down payment will be forfeited if the bidder fails to close the sale except for defects in the title, with the balance of the bid price to be payable at the closing of the sale, which shall take place within 30 days of the date of auction.
▪ The successful bidder will be provided a title insurance commitment in the amount of bid, showing marketable title in fact for the property to be in the parties listed with all liens and encumbrances to be satisfies at the closing.
▪ The sale shall not include any growing crops on the farm.
▪ The farm shall be sold free and clear of all liens except real estate taxes for 2016, which shall be prorated as of the closing date between the parties and the buyer from the sale proceeds.
▪ The sale includes all building, fences and improvements on the farm.
▪ The farm is to be sold subject to all easements, covenants and restrictions now of record.
▪ Possession of this farm will be delivered to the buyer at closing.
Talley and Associates Auction Service
Contact: Dirk Talley, 816-532-6101; Marshall Neth, 816-507-0133; Kenny Tromp, 816-304-8771
Hours: Auction held Dec. 8 at 1 p.m. at Daviess Country Club in Gallatin, Mo. There will be two preview dates: Oct. 22 on site from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Daviess County Country Club. Interested parties may also call to schedule a private tour.