The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited this operation for multiple health code violations.
• Pine Bamboo Garden, 10915 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Shawnee, had 10 violations during an April 15 follow-up inspection, including rice and barbecue pork held at improper temperatures .
The owners did not return phone calls.
For complete inspection reports on Kansas restaurant operations, go to
The Kansas City Health Department inspections:
• North China Restaurant, at 3805 Broadway, was temporarily closed on April 10 when an inspector cited the restaurant for 22 critical violations. It had six critical violations during a re-inspection on April 19. It had no critical violations during a follow-up inspection on April 24 and was allowed to reopen.
For complete inspection reports, visit
The Environmental Health Division of the Jackson County Public Works Department cited these operations for multiple critical violations.
• Aikou Chinese Restaurant, 608 N.E. Missouri 291, Lee’s Summit, had four critical violations during an April 25 inspection, including eggs stored on counter at improper temperatures.
The owner had no comment.
• Jim G’s of Raytown, 6640 Raytown Road, Raytown, had three critical violations during an April 26 inspection, including an employee eating in the prep area.
The owner did not return phone calls.
• Legend of Asia, 1853 S.W. Missouri 7, Blue Springs, had four critical violations during an April 24 inspection, including cottage cheese, cole slaw, seafood salad and pasta salad on the buffet, along with raw shell eggs on the counter, held at improper temperatures .
The owner did not return calls.
For complete Jackson County inspection reports, go to
The Platte County Health Department cited this operation for multiple critical health code violations:
• U Gene’s Deli, 4603 N.W. Gateway, Riverside, had six critical violations during an April 30 inspection, including excessive food build-up on pans and shelving and on interior of microwave.”
“All of the violations have been corrected,” said Jim Upschulte, co-owner.
For complete Platte County Health Department reports, go to
| Joyce Smith, email@example.com