The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for multiple “priority” health code violations:
• All-American Pub, 8875 Rosehill Road, Lenexa, had six violations during a March 5 routine inspection, including a package of hot dogs found in the microwave that was left from the night before (hot dogs discarded).
In a statement, president David Quinn said: “Consumer safety and compliance with Kansas health laws are extremely important to our company. While we make every effort to comply with all requirements at all times, our policy is to address immediately any concern that is brought to our attention, whether it is communicated by our staff, customers or inspectors.”
• BRGR Kitchen + Bar, 4038 W. 83rd St., Prairie Village, had 11 violations during a Feb. 22 inspection, including raw cod and raw ground beef held at improper temperatures (food discarded).
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
Restaurant officials said the issues were resolved.
• Johnny Brusco’s New York Style Pizza, 10540 S. Ridgeview Road, Olathe, had six violations during a March 6 routine inspection, including a can opener and meat slicer that had significant dried food debris.
“It’s been taken care of. We’ve put new cleaning schedules in place,” said owner Jon Ebert.
• Jun’s Authentic Japanese Restaurant, 7660 State Line Road, Prairie Village, had six violations during a March 7 routine inspection, including no hand soap at two hand washing sinks.
A manager said the violations had been corrected.
• Mi Ranchito Cocina and Cantina Mexicana, 7148 W. 80th St., Overland Park, had six violations during an inspection following a complaint, including food debris on seven plates stored as clean.
In a statement, spokeswoman Jenny Bustos-Gomez said: “The safety of our customers and employees is of the utmost importance to us. The violations noted were all corrected immediately on site. We will continue to enhance our practices through additional training and oversight.”
• Pegah’s Family Restaurant, 11005 Johnson Drive, Shawnee, had 11 violations during a March 6 routine inspection, including fried chicken held at improper temperatures (chicken discarded).
“We try our best. Our customers are very important to us and we want them to be happy and healthy,” said owner Sara Bahmani.
• Sutera’s Restaurant Bar, 4730 Rainbow Blvd., Westwood, had seven violations during a March 7 routine inspection, including cooked chicken held at improper temperatures (chicken discarded).
A manager had no comment.
For complete inspection reports on Kansas restaurant operations, go towww.ksda.gov/food_safety
The Environmental Health Division of the Jackson County Public Works Department cited this operation:
• Dairy Queen, 6904 Hunter St., Raytown, had three violations during a Feb. 28 inspection, including a container of cole slaw dated Feb. 18 (cole slaw discarded).
“We take these things very seriously and we corrected everything right then and there,” said owner John Marshall. “We also are changing our dating system from the day it was opened to the day it needs to be discarded. We think that is easier.”
For complete Jackson County inspection reports, go towww.jacksongov.org/fsi
The Platte County Health Department cited this operation for multiple critical health code violations:
• China Wok, 1303A Platte Falls Road, Platte City, had six critical violations during a Feb. 27 inspection, including cooked chicken, egg rolls and noodles not date marked.
Restaurant officials did not return phone calls.
• Harmer’s Cafe, 501 Frank St., Edgerton, had eight critical violations during a Feb. 28 inspection, including wooden bowls and rubber spatulas no longer easily cleanable.
The owner did not return phone calls.
For complete Platte County Health Department reports, go towww.plattecountyhealthdept.com