Stargazing

Dwayne Johnson’s puppy dies from eating toxic mushroom

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson posted a picture of himself holding his puppy, Brutus, before he had to be put to sleep.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson posted a picture of himself holding his puppy, Brutus, before he had to be put to sleep. Instagram

It’s a sad day for former wrestler and actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

The proud new owner of two French Bulldog puppies had to say farewell to one after it died from eating a poisonous mushroom.

Johnson announced the passing of his pup, Brutus, on his Instagram page Tuesday.

“I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace,” Johnson wrote. “Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed.”

While playing with Hobbs, Johnson’s other French Bulldog puppy, Brutus ate a mushroom that had “a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return,” Johnson said.

Our heart hurts for little Brutus.

Johnson made headlines earlier this month after he saved Brutus from drowning in a pool in his backyard.

“You’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute,” Johnson wrote.

May Brutus rest in peace in dog heaven.

  Comments