An emotional DeMario Jackson is speaking out about the emotional toll on his family after he became entangled in the “Bachelor in Paradise” scandal.
Last week Warner Bros., producers of the ABC reality show, announced it had investigated concerns over an alleged inappropriate sexual encounter on the set between Jackson and fellow contestant Corinne Olympios.
Warner Bros. said it found no wrongdoing, exonerating Jackson after weeks of rumors and speculation about an incident that had prompted two producers to voice concerns.
Jackson had vehemently denied that he did anything wrong. He was reportedly invited to return to the show, which has resumed filming, but declined.
Olympios, who said she was a “victim” of what happened on the set, was reportedly not invited back, and her lawyers are continuing their own investigation.
“It was stressful — for me, mostly for my mother,” the 30-year-old Jackson told E! News in a three-part, two-night interview that began Monday. “It’s hard to see your mom, like, cry every single day. It was very difficult, my grandmother and my aunts ...
“My dad, he kept me extremely strong and kept me grounded and humble. But having your mom cry every day for something that you know you didn’t do…”
Filming was halted and the contestants were sent home after an incident on the first day of filming last month between Jackson and Olympios in a swimming pool. Both he and Olympios were allegedly drinking.
In it’s statement last week, Warner Bros. said it would not release videotape of the incident “out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved.
“We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy.”
Jackson came out swinging to defend himself after his name was linked to the alleged sexual misconduct.
“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” read a statement from his publicist.
“I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
A source close to the show tells People magazine that the production company has taken unspecified precautions to make sure something like this doesn’t happen again.
“In broad strokes, changes were made to ensure everyone’s safety,” especially in regards to alcohol consumption and consent, the source tells People.
Jackson’s interviews with E! will air at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. central on Tuesday.