After days of innuendos and accusations about rumored “sexual misconduct” on the set of “Bachelor of Paradise” in Mexico, producers say their investigation found no wrongdoing.
The bachelors and bachelorettes who were sent home after shooting was suspended earlier this month are heading back to paradise.
“As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico,” Warner Bros. said in a statement Tuesday.
“We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly.
"Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy.
“Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”
The drama revolved around an incident at the swimming pool on the first day of filming between cast members DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios. Whatever happened between them caused a field producer for the show to file a complaint.
When rumors erupted that Jackson had done something inappropriate to Olympios he came out swinging. He issued a statement through his publicist last week saying his character has been assassinated by the swirling he-said-she-said.
“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” it read.
“I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
Olympios had also lawyered up. She, too, issued a statement saying she was the “victim” of whatever happened on June 4.
“Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” her statement said.
“As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
There was no word from Jackson or Olympios about whether they would continue to participate in the show. No date has been given for when production will resume.
“We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise,” ABC said in a statement to news outlets.
“Given their results, the series will resume production and will air this summer on ABC.”
The season was set to premiere on Aug. 8, but whether that happens remains to be seen.
The show’s host, Chris Harrison, who had asked fans to be patient after the controversy erupted, also issued a statement Tuesday, tweeting: “Thank you for your patience, trust and loyalty #BachelorNation and to our entire Bachelor family.”
Contestants also reacted to the news.
“I have no idea if the rumors are true or not, but if production does start up again, I'd be thrilled to go back," contestant Iggy Rodriguez told the Los Angeles Times.
Others tweeted their thoughts on Twitter.
“Summer 2017 is back,” contestant Kristina Schulman tweeted.