Pokemon Go players explain how to play
The free app by Nintendo uses GPS to make Pokémon characters appear around town for users to “collect.” In Kansas City, Pokémon have been found at Winstead’s, at The City Market and even at a Royals game.
The app works best with smartphones and is already the top downloaded app in both Android and Apple stores. But it’s also been criticized for causing accidents (too many eyes glued to smartphones); being used to commit crimes, and in one case, leading a user to a dead body.
But when it’s not scary, it is funny. Here are 10 fun Pokémon posts that show its Kansas City takeover.
1. A Nidorino appeared in the outfield of the Royals game.
2. Another Royals fan wished the app could give the team some help on offense.
3. A Magmar also got into the spirit and a Sporting KC game.
4. At least one player was willing to travel to catch them all.
5. Pokémon were seen walking down the street.
6. A Krabby crashed a date at Winstead’s.
7. And a Pidgeot enjoyed rides at World’s of Fun.
8. A Meowth made for an exciting day at work.
9. While one user used her “adulting” skills to find Pokémon in the art’s district...
10. ... another user showed that the app is not just about catching them all, it’s about making friends.
Jennifer Aldrich: 816-234-4765, @jenni_aldrich