If you’ve got questions, they’ve got answers.
“Question Everything” is the theme for this year’s TEDxKC day of presentations and entertainment, and tickets go on sale at 10 a.m.Tuesday, June 28, at TEDxKC.org. Speakers will include a relationship expert, a molecular biologist, an activist fighting rape on campuses and a New York Times best-selling author.
TEDxKC, set for Aug. 19 at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, brings the international spirit of TED Conferences — for Technology, Entertainment and Design — to a smaller area.
In previous years, tickets have sold out in minutes. This year they’re priced at $50 for the live event in Helzberg Hall and $25 for a simulcast in the neighboring Muriel Kauffman Theatre. All ticket-holders can join the evening after-party outside the Kauffman Center.
The conference has confirmed eight speakers and one performer:
▪ Harriet Lerner, clinical psychologist and New York Times best-selling author, will discuss apologies — how to ask for and give an effective one.
▪ Rupi Kaur is a photographer, illustrator, author and spoken word artist whose latest book, “Milk and Honey,” explores love, loss and healing.
▪ Mark Shaw will speak about how to see the world through the eyes of an inventor.
▪ Alejandro Sánchez Alvarado, a molecular biology researcher, is studying organism regeneration.
▪ Jess Ladd, an activist for sexual health, will speak on sexual assault on campuses.
▪ Stan Tatkin, relationship expert, uses neuroscience to explain why some relationships fail.
▪ Michael Rea, former pharmacist, is working to make prescription medicine more affordable.
▪ James Hobson is an engineer who designs his own versions of fictional superhero devices.
▪ Bill Callahan, singer/songwriter, will perform his lo-fi indie rock songs.