The best source for high school sports in the Kansas City area
Blue Springs football team receives national ranking
11/12/2013 1:59 PM
11/12/2013 2:00 PM
Eleven weeks into the high school football season, it's pretty obvious that Blue Springs is the team to beat in Missouri Class 6 football for the second straight year.
The Wildcats, 11-0, have played one of the most difficult schedules in the area, yet their average margin of victory remains 29 points per game.
The numbers are apparently starting to turn some heads outside the state, too. Blue Springs snuck into the MaxPreps Xcellent 25 poll this week, claiming the final spot.
Blue Springs will play host to Lee's Summit at 7 p.m. Friday in the Class 6 quarterfinals. Blue Springs defeated Lee's Summit 49-7 earlier this season, which remains the Tigers' only loss of the year.
The full rankings:
1. Booker T. Washington (Miami), 10-0
2. DeSoto (Texas), 10-0
3. Allen (Texas), 10-0
4. St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, N.J.), 8-0
5. St. John Bosco (Bellflower, Calif.), 10-0
6. De La Salle (Concord, Calif.), 10-0
7. Miami Central (Fla.), 8-1
8. Northwestern (Rock Hill, S.C.), 11-0
9. Serra (Gardena, Calif.), 10-0
10. Katy (Texas), 10-0
11. Mountain Pointe (Phoenix), 11-0
12. Bellevue (Wash.), 10-0
13. Hoover (Ala.), 11-0
14. Miramar (Fla.), 10-0
15. Manatee (Bradenton, Fla.), 10-0
16. Folsom (Calif.), 10-0
17. Byrnes (Duncan, S.C.), 10-1
18. Colerain (Cincinnati), 10-0
19. St. Edward (Lakewood, Ohio), 9-1
20. Mallard Creek (Charlotte, N.C.), 11-0
21. Jenks (Okla.), 10-0
22. Southlake Carroll (Texas), 9-1
23. Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas), 9-2
24. Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati), 10-1
25. Blue Springs (Mo.), 11-0
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.