▪ WHEN/WHERE: 9:30 p.m. Thursday; at the StubHub Center, Carson, Calif.
▪ TV/RADIO: KMCI-TV (Ch. 38); 99.3 FM, KDTD (1340 AM)
▪ ABOUT SPORTING KC (5-8-2, 17 points): The club has won only once over its past 10 matches, falling to seventh place in the Western Conference, even though it has out-shot and out-possessed nine of those 10 opponents. Sporting KC actually leads MLS in shots and has allowed the fewest shots per match, but it ranks third-to-last with 0.93 goals per game. Sporting KC will play without Matt Besler, Graham Zusi and Soni Mustivar, who are with their respective national teams. Nuno Coelho will sit with a hamstring strain.
▪ ABOUT LA GALAXY (5-2-5, 20 points): The Galaxy don't create a lot of chances — ranking 16th in MLS in shots per match — but it ensures the opportunities it does earn are high quality. It leads MLS with 2.25 goals per match. Forward Giovani dos Santos has five goals and six assists this season. The club will be without Gyasi Zardes, Robbie Keane and Baggio Husidic, who are with their national teams.
Never miss a local story.
▪ PREDICTION: LA Galaxy 2, Sporting KC 0