▪ WHEN/WHERE: 12:30 p.m. Sunday at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Ill
▪ TV: Fox Sports 1
▪ ABOUT FC KANSAS CITY (9-6-5, 32 points): The Blues are riding a six-game unbeaten streak with a league-best average of one goal per game. Goalkeeper Nicole Barnhart leads the league with eight shutouts. World Cup champion Amy Rodriguez leads the offense with six goals.
▪ ABOUT CHICAGO RED STARS (8-3-9, 33 points): Christen Press leads the Red Stars with 10 goals, and rookie of the year finalist Sophia Huerta follows with six. Chicago is unbeaten in its last three games.
Never miss a local story.
▪ BOTTOM LINE: The Blues have yet to defeat the Red Stars this year with a draw and a loss but are playing their best right now, outscoring opponents 15-4 in the last six games. Their experience as the only team to make the NWSL playoffs in all three seasons should help as well.
▪ PREDICTION: FC Kansas City 2, Chicago Red Stars 1
| Kathleen Gier, firstname.lastname@example.org