SPORTING KC AT COLORADO
▪ WHEN/WHERE: 8 tonight at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colo.
▪ TV/RADIO: KMCI-TV (Ch. 38); WHB (810 AM), KDTD (1340 AM)
▪ ABOUT SPORTING KC (11-6-7): While it’s playing on the road, Sporting KC’s traveling fan base is expected to bring more than 800 supporters, the largest of the season. It’s the second of a four-game road trip for Sporting KC, which is in the midst of its first two-game losing streak this season. The club has allowed 11 goals in the last three matches, and it will be without defensive midfielder Soni Mustivar, who has a groin strain. Graham Zusi (calf) is listed as questionable.
▪ ABOUT COLORADO (7-9-9): The last-place team in the Western Conference is still in the playoff race, only five points behind Seattle for the final spot, but it has struggled at home to the tune of a 4-5-4 record. The Rapids are the lowest-scoring team in the MLS with only 23 goals this season, six fewer than any other team.
▪ BOTTOM LINE: Sporting KC is unbeaten against Colorado in the last 11 MLS regular-season meetings, a streak that dates back to March 2009.
▪ PREDICTION: Sporting KC 2, Colorado 1
To reach Sam McDowell, call 816-234-4869 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @SamMcDowell11. Tap here to download The Star’s free Extra Time KC soccer app for iOS and Android devices.