MLS playoff schedule set, Sporting KC gets national game on NBC
10/29/2012 2:38 PM
05/16/2014 8:08 PM
With the MLS regular season behind us, the playoffs get off to a nice and quick start on Wednesday night with Houston traveling to Chicago.
Sporting Kansas City will play the winner of that knockout match.
When are the rest of the games? What are the potential match-ups? What's the TV schedule? We can start answering those questions now.
First off: You should definitely try to attend the KC Cauldron's playoff rally on Tuesday at Crossroads KC at Grinders.Click here for more info.
Second off: Sporting Kansas City will get a national audience with the first leg of the Eastern Conference semifinals on NBC proper.
Knockout RoundEastern Conference
• Wednesday: Houston Dynamo at Chicago Fire, 8 p.m. (ESPN2)Western Conference
• Thursday: Vancouver Whitecaps @ Los Angeles Galaxy, 9:30 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
Conference SemifinalsEastern Conference
• Saturday: D.C. United @ New York Red Bulls, 7 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
• Sunday: Sporting Kansas City @ Houston/Chicago winner, 2:30 p.m. (NBC)Second Leg
• Wed., Nov. 7: New York Red Bulls @ D.C. United, 7 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
• Wed., Nov. 7: Houston/Chicago winner @ Sporting Kansas City, 8 p.m. (KSMO-TV)Western Conference
• Friday: Real Salt Lake @ Seattle Sounders, 9 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)
• Sunday: San Jose Earthquakes @ Los Angeles, 8 p.m. (ESPN) OR San Jose Earthquakes @ Vancouver Whitecaps, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN2)Second Leg
• Wed., Nov. 7: Los Angeles @ San Jose Earthquakes, 10 p.m. (ESPN2) OR Vancouver Whitecaps @ San Jose Earthquakes, TBA (MLS Live)
• Thurs., Nov. 8: Seattle Sounders @ Real Salt Lake, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN2 OR MLS Live)
Conference ChampionshipsEastern Conference
• Saturday, Nov. 10: East-Higher Seed @ East-Lower See, 2:30 p.m. (NBC)Second Leg
• Sat., Nov. 17 OR Sun., Nov. 18: East-Lower Seed @ East-Higher Seed, TBA (NBC Sports Network)Western Conference
• Sun., Nov. 11: West-Higher seed @ West-Lower seed, 8 p.m. (ESPN) OR Mon., Nov. 12 if at Seattle, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)Second Leg
• Sun., Nov. 18: West-lower seed @ West-Higher seed, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
MLS Cup 2012
Sat. Dec. 1: Hosted by finalist with best regular season record, 3:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.