In a mere 41 days, Sporting Kansas City will take the field for the first time as America's first gerund-based sports franchise against Chivas USA and former Wizards great Jimmy Conrad.
I don't know about you, butI can't wait
for the season to get here. Things are happening pretty fast and you can almost feel the anticipation in the air.
Well, except for the fact that thefull MLS schedule isn't out yet
(Thursday, we're told), official Sporting KC jerseys are on hold until March (or June if you can't get them from the team) and it's getting increasingly harder to find Sporting KC gear at area Dick's Sporting Goods. (Seriously, if you spot anything anywhere, post it in the comments as an aid to your fellow readers. The Dick's in Zona Rosa is nearly entire devoid of gear.)
So, um, go Major League Soccer.
Of course, none of this is really the fault of your team here in Kansas City. Blame MLS. Blame adidas. Blame Canada. Well, maybe not Canada, eh?
• Over the weekend,Sporting KC drew with Columbus 2-2
in their first preseason action. Goals were scored by Kei Kamara and Jack Jewsbury.
• KC's next game is an intra-squad scrimmage on Wednesday at 11 a.m. After that, it's a game against the Colorado Rapids on Saturday at 11 a.m. Both games are at the Reach 11 complex in Phoenix.
• Sporting KC's Facebook numbers are sure to take a tumble, it appears the Indian press picked up thatSunil Chhetri hasn't been re-signed by the team.
• KC's other soccer team, the Missouri Comets,fell to 4-11 in their inaugural season in the Major Indoor Soccer League.
• Speaking of MISL, the owner ofthe Baltimore Blast apparently carried a loaded .38-caliber handgun through security at Baltimore's airport.
• Clint Dempsey scores his ninth goal of the Premiership season.A full run-down of Americans abroad.
•Crazy story about a high school goalkeeper charged with a felony after a brawl.
About 10 people, including some non-players, were involved in the brawl.
• The mighty, all-powerfulSepp Blatter expects 2022 World Cup to be played in the summer.
You know, like it pretty much always has been.
•Johan Cruyff: Barcelona are playing Total Football for the 21st Century.
•West Brom relieve Roberto Di Matteo of his duties.
•Wolfsburg could fine Diego for missing a penalty.
•It was a wild weekend with plenty of brilliant goals
in the Premiership. None were more remarkable than Newcastle's 4-4 draw with Arsenal and Cheik Tiote's equalizers.
Uploaded by arsenalist. - Exotic and entertaining travel videos.