The Major League Soccer "silly season" is in full effect. With the January transfer window about ready to open, the rumor mills are starting to buzz loudly.
None of the following explicitly mentions Sporting Kansas City, but I'll go ahead and make some links myself.
• Freddie Ljungberg (late of Chicago/Seattle) and Toronto FC captain Dwayne De Rosario are both reportedly in talks with Scottish side Celtic. That's according, somewhat awkwardly, to MLSsoccer.com. If De Rosario goes overseas, that's a huge (HUGE) blow to TFC. [Source:MLSsoccer.com
• Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic would like to join the likes of Ljungberg, Thierry Henry, David Beckham, et al, as aging European stars who attempt to close out their career in the United States. [Source:Goal.com
• Speaking of aging stars, Australian Harry Kewell is looking for a club in the United States. I'm not sure how far discussions got, but I know that Kewell was on the transfer board for Sporting Kansas City this summer. [Source:MLS-Rumors.net
• Troubled Romanian striker Adrian Mutu would also like to join Ibra and Kewell looking for a team in the U.S. apparently. [Source:Gazeta de Sud (Romanian)
• Jamaican international and Colorado Rapids striker Omar Cummings appears set to joinRobbie Findley (and maybe Edson Buddle ) in England. [Source: Jamaica Gleaner*
]*Greatest newspaper name in the world, by the way.
• Purely speculation on my part... but is this the "young attacking player" that KC is looking at? (Look at me, adding to the silly season stuff.)Diario La Primera Peru (Spanish)
What do you think of the silly season so far? I expect it to get much, much sillier.