Wrapping up a days worth of news, links, rumors and rampant speculation.
Around the WorldIt's a quiet day in the heartland, so let's start somewhere where something actually happened: Europe. The Champions League quarterfinal results: Lyon crushed fellow-country-club (?) Bordeaux 3-1 and Bayern Munich snatched a stoppage time goal to knock off Manchester United 2-1. The headline: WAYNE ROONEY ... INJURED! UPDATE: Rooney will be out for probably just 2-4 weeks. He will miss the Chelsea game this weekend and potentially just two more games. Sigh of relief. Move along, nothing to see here. Wild speculation time is over.
Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow - 1:45pm on Fox Soccer Plus
The Wizards• If you missed Ryan Smith's interview on the Border Patrol on Sports Radio 810 Tuesday morning, you probably should correct that. [Sports Radio 810] • It's amazing how much progress is being made on the Wizards' stadium. [Stadium Web Cam] • If you have to read one article today about how KC signing Sunil Chhetri is a big freakin' deal, then it might as well be this one. (Sarcasm aside, it's an interesting article about how much it would mean for Asian soccer if Chhetri does well in the States.) [Goal.com India]
Kansas City• Know any talented Under 19 soccer players in KC? If you do, they need to tryout for the KCW Juniors squad. (If things fall right, it's possible they win enough games to qualify for Nationals at the Overland Park soccer complex in July.) [Hillcrest Road] • Time Warner adds Fox Soccer HD and Fox Soccer Plus. [The Full 90
Around the MLS• Couple of notable player moves:
- · Jon Busch signs with San Jose (interesting, they already have Joe Cannon). [Fire Confidential]
- · Pat Noonan has apparently landed in Seattle. [Sounders At Heart]
- · Danny Szetela (late of DC United) is on trial with Philadelphia. [Soccer By Ives]
- · Philly might be close to signing another former DC United player, Luciano Emilio. [Soccer Insider]
· Houston Dynamo v Real Salt Lake - 8pm on ESPN2
· LA Galaxy v Chivas USA - 10pm on ESPN2 Saturday
· Colorado Rapids v Chicago Fire - 4pm on TeleFutura
· DC United v New England Revolution - 6:30pm on Direct Kick
· Seattle Sounders v New York Red Bulls - 9:30pm on FSC