Here are the post-combine top 10 players the Chiefs should consider drafting with the No. 1 overall pick:
1. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M. He’s the best player available in this draft. And it doesn’t appear to be close.
2. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia. He’s far from polished and won’t be an immediate NFL starter, but he looks to be the best quarterback available in the draft.
3. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan. He might not be on Joeckel’s level but he’ll have a good career.
4. Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia. There are questions about a narrowing of his spine but he looks to be the best available defensive player.
5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. The best available cornerback makes sense for a team with a huge need.
6. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama. Some teams will eventually regret passing up Warmack, even though he plays a position of lesser impact.
7. Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina. The same holds for Cooper.
8. Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee. Alex Smith will need someone fast to throw to.
9. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida. He’s probably the top defensive line prospect now.
10. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah. A medical issue likely will push him from consideration.