Ranking top 10 players Chiefs may take in NFL draft
02/26/2013 12:01 PM
05/16/2014 9:17 PM
Here are the post-combine top 10 players the Chiefs should consider drafting with the No. 1 overall pick:
1. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M. He’s the best player available in this draft. And it doesn’t appear to be close.
2. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia. He’s far from polished and won’t be an immediate NFL starter, but he looks to be the best quarterback available in the draft.
3. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan. He might not be on Joeckel’s level but he’ll have a good career.
4. Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia. There are questions about a narrowing of his spine but he looks to be the best available defensive player.
5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. The best available cornerback makes sense for a team with a huge need.
6. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama. Some teams will eventually regret passing up Warmack, even though he plays a position of lesser impact.
7. Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina. The same holds for Cooper.
8. Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee. Alex Smith will need someone fast to throw to.
9. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida. He’s probably the top defensive line prospect now.
10. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah. A medical issue likely will push him from consideration.
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.