That was an interesting weekend.
Let’s not get into the potential suspensions yet. Here are the losses the Royals officially sustained against Oakland:
1. Closer Greg Holland landed on the disabled list with a strained pectoral.
Never miss a local story.
2. Alcides Escobar sat out two games with his sore knee, though Kansas City hopes he returns to the lineup on Monday.
3. Omar Infante strained his groin. He is probably headed for the disabled list.
With Alex Rios already disabled with a broken hand, Kansas City will be at far less than full strength when they host the Twins this week. Minnesota just took two out of three from the Royals at Target Field.
Here are the pitching matchups for this three-game series against the Twins:
Monday, 7:10 p.m.: RHP Edinson Volquez (1-1, 2.30 ERA) vs. RHP Kyle Gibson (1-1, 6.10 ERA).
Tuesday, 7:10 p.m.: LHP Jason Vargas (1-1, 6.00 ERA) vs. LHP Tommy Milone (2-0, 2.08 ERA).
Wednesday, 7:10 p.m.: RHP Jeremy Guthrie (1-0, 5.54 ERA) vs. RHP Mike Pelfrey (0-0, 4.50 ERA).
FROM THE STAR
1. Five Royals were ejected, and a couple may be suspended. But the Royals won a bruising nine-inning drama on Sunday.
2. Vahe Gregorian wrote a column about how these Royals will not back down.
3. Billy Butler could not understand the behavior of his former team, and Kathleen Gier details his struggles.
4. Edinson Volquez talked to Yordano Ventura about his ejection on Saturday.
THE ROYALS’ PLAYOFF PERCENTAGE (ACCORDING TO BASEBALL PROSPECTUS)
HERE IS SOME ROCK MUSIC
"Devotion" by Kele.