Lorenzo Cain will finally get some peace from the prying camera.
Cain will still face the media in Milwaukee, where he’s be playing after agreeing to a contract on Thursday with the Brewers.
But Cain won’t be interrupted by Royals catcher Salvador Perez and his camera. Perez made Royals fans laugh for years with his videos that featured an unsuspecting Cain. Many of them had that familiar moment when Cain realized he was being recorded.
Now that Cain is no longer a member of the Royals, I picked five of my favorite Salvy/LoCain Instagram videos:
Never miss a local story.
5. Enough is enough, right? Cain puts Perez is a headlock, and flexes his muscles for the camera:
4. Perez never missed a chance to clown around with Cain, even when he was eating cereal.
3. The American League Championship Series can be a stressful time, but Perez clowned around after the team arrived in Toronto in 2015. Cain pleaded for help from Jeremy Guthrie, who was filming. But it was to no avail.
2. There was no clowning around this time. Perez and Cain made this video with a few thousand Royals fans during the World Series championship celebration:
1. What I love about this one is how Cain was so happy to see his teammates. It’s from the start of spring training in 2016, and Perez was also thrilled to see Cain again.