- Holy hell, Washington is a hot mess.
- I knew this was a team circling the drain, but did anybody expectthis
- Unsolicited advice to fans here in the DC area: hiring one of those planes to fly a banner around the stadium during pregame is surprisingly cheap.
- I can only assume that Dexter McCluster wore six-inch, heated cleats. He broke the franchise record for punt return yards with 9:45 left in the second quarter. It was like he was the only one not playing in the snow.
- In terms of pure football, I’m not sure what you can take from this game, honestly. The field was a mess, the opponent a sloppy mess. Get out of there with no injuries and call it a day.
- But we’re all here for a reason, so here goes: the offensive line looked very good, Derrick Johnson is continuing a spectacular season, and if it was up to me, Alex Smith, Jamaal Charles and others wouldn’t have played as much as they did in the second half.
- Dwayne Bowe’s touchdown in the first quarter is a textbook example of what he’s good at: physical in gaining position for the catch, then running through a tackle or two and into the end zone.
- Lost in the noise: the Chiefs will probably have a playoff spot clinched by the time they go to bed tonight.Here
are the scenarios.
- The Chiefs are now 10-3, with remaining games at Oakland, home against the Colts, and at San Diego. Whatever happens, it’s gonna be hard for the Chiefs to rise or fall from the No. 5 seed, which would likely mean a first-round road game against the Bengals or Colts.
- The people who sat around in the snow for this entire game should be given free tickets to a future game, or a psych evaluation.