Brad Hill, Kendall Gammon, Chuck Broyles lead 2014 MIAA Hall of Fame class
03/31/2014 12:05 PM
03/31/2014 12:06 PM
Ten former coaches and athletes will be inducted into the Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletics Association Hall of Fame Class of 2014.
The group includes current Kansas State baseball coach Brad Hill, former Chiefs offensive lineman Kendall Gammon, and Gammon’s national championship-winning coach at Pittsburg State in 1991, Chuck Broyles.
The induction ceremony is set for June 5 at the Kansas City Public Library, Plaza Branch, in the Truman Forum Auditorium. Tickets are available atTheMIAA.com
The 2014 class:
• Chuck Broyles, football coach, Pittsburg State (1990-2010)
• Don Corbett, men’s basketball coach, Lincoln University (1971-1979)
• Shelley (Foster) Duffey, basketball, Washburn (1991-1995)
• Kendall Gammon, football, Pittsburg State (1989-1991)
• Brice Garnett, golf, Missouri Western (2002-2006)
• Brad Hill, baseball coach, Central Missouri (1995-2003)
• Rick Ledjevich, baseball, Central Missouri (1993-1994)
• Heather Leverington, track and field, Emporia State (1997-2002)
• Michael Obertop, tennis, Southwest Baptist (1991-1994)
• Rhesa Sumrell, softball coach, Missouri Western (1977-1987), Central Missouri (1988-2006)
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.