Protest is coming to college football this weekend, and not just during the national anthem.
UltraViolet Action, a national women’s advocacy organization, announced it is commissioning airplanes to fly over college football stadiums in five swing states Saturday that will highlight Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s “long record of misogyny.”
The planes will carry banners that read: “Trump Says Women R Pigs. Disagree? Vote.” Air traffic isn’t permitted over stadiums up to one hour before the game. The stadiums and games:
▪ Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Mich.: Michigan vs. Wisconsin
Never miss a local story.
▪ Ohio Stadium, Columbus: Ohio State vs. Rutgers
▪ Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa: Iowa vs. Northwestern
▪ Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia: Temple vs. SMU
▪ Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, N.C., Duke vs. Virginia
From its website, UltraViolet describes itself as a “powerful and rapidly growing community of people from all walks of life mobilized to fight sexism and expand women’s rights, from politics and government to media and pop culture.”