▪ KU senior libero Cassie Wait was chosen Big 12 women’s volleyball defensive player of the week for the second consecutive week. She made 33 digs in the Jayhawks’ five-set victory over Creighton and leads the Big 12 in digs per set at 5.65.
Kansas, 9-0, is ranked fourth in the American Volleyball Coaches Association Division I poll.
▪ UMKC senior setter Kaylyn Brandt is the Western Athletic Conference women’s volleyball player of the week. She was chosen MVP of the Kangaroo Klassic, where UMKC finished 2-1, after averaging 11.6 assists, 3.7 digs, 0.8 kills and 0.8 blocks per set.
The Kangaroos are 7-3.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Park University’s Wendy Romero was chosen as women’s volleyball attacker of the week in the NAIA and the American Midwest Conference. Romero had 31 kills and 11 digs against MidAmerica Nazarene for one of her two double-doubles last week. She made 29 kills and 18 digs in a five-set win over Ottawa.
The Pirates, ranked No. 7 in NAIA, are 12-1.
▪ Park’s Makenzie Shivers was chosen women’s golfer of the week in the conference.
▪ Rockhurst junior forward Kaleb Jackson was chosen offensive player of the week in men’s soccer by the Great Lakes Valley Conference. He scored four goals and one assist in three wins last week.