The Fishing Tournament Trail is published each Tuesday of the fishing season. To report results or upcoming tournaments, call 816-234-4319 or send email to email@example.com.
▪ AT BLUE SPRINGS LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Blue Springs Buddy Bass. When: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Takeoff site: Blue Springs Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-550-5664.
▪ AT LAKE JACOMO: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Jacomo Bass Club. When: 7 a.m. to noon Sunday. Takeoff site: north boat ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 816-878-1996.
Never miss a local story.
▪ KANSAS TEAM TRAIL: Championship bass tournament Saturday and Sunday at Milford Lake.1. Michael Felber, Rose Hill, Kan., and Pat Hall, Wichita, 17.88 pounds. 2. Kelly Ross, Solomon, Kan., and Tim Guenther, Milford, Kan., 15.74 pounds. Big bass: Felber and Hall, 4.88 pounds.
▪ INDEPENDENCE BASS CLUB: Championship tournament Saturday and Sunday at Pomme de Terre Lake. 1. Matt DeHart, Blue Springs, and Doug DeHart, Independence, 27 pounds, 10 ounces. 2. Greg and Alan Lundquist, Independence, 20 pounds, 12 ounces. Saturday big bass: DeHart team, 3 pounds, 8 ounces. Sunday big bass: De Hart team, 4 pounds, 4 ounces.
▪ LONGVIEW BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Longview Lake. 1. Mark Slocum, Lee’s Summit, and Adam Correa, Greenwood, 5 bass, 13.08 pounds, $360. Big bass: Jim McCorkle, Raytown, and Jim Rice, Blue Springs, 4.36 pounds, $160.
▪ BLUE SPRINGS BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Saturday at Blue Springs Lake. 1. Jim McCorkle, Raytown, and Chip Jarrett, Lee’s Summit, 3 bass, 8.99 pounds, $140. 2. Mark Slocum, Lee’s Summit, and Terry Apple, Overland Park, 3 bass, 7.76 pounds, $90. Big bass: McCorkle, 3.75 pounds, $40.
▪ POMME DE TERRE MUSKIES INC. : Muskie tournament Oct. 2-4 at Pomme de Terre Lake: Friday tournament: 1. James and Jenna Brown, 2 muskies (35 1/2 inches, 34 inches). 2. George and Andy Donner, 1 muskie (39 inches). Big fish: Donner team, 39 inches. Saturday-Sunday tournament: 1. Jim “Coach” Wilson and Matt Ginnings, 4 muskies (39 1/2 inches, 37 1/2 inches, 34 inches and 32 3/4 inches). 2. Gary Pearson and T.J. Sawyer, 3 muskies (41 inches 35 1/2 inches and 31 inches). Big fish: Pearson and Sawyer, 41 inches.