The Fishing Tournament Trail is published each Tuesday of the fishing season. To report results or upcoming tournaments, call 816-234-4319 or send email to email@example.com.
▪ AT BLUE SPRINGS LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Blue Springs Buddy Bass. When: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Takeoff site: Blue Springs Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-550-5664.
▪ AT LONGVIEW LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Longview Buddy Bass. When: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. Takeoff site: Longview Lake Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-805-2605.
Never miss a local story.
▪ AT LAKE JACOMO: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Jacomo Bass Club. When: 7 a.m. to noon Sunday. Takeoff site: north boat ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 816-878-1996.
▪ BURTON’S BAIT AND TACKLE: Year-End Championship on Saturday and Sunday at Smithville Lake. 1. Todd Knaack, Lawson, Mo., and Nick Hahlbeck, Lake Waukomis, 10 bass, 38.23 pounds, $2,000. 2. Tom Shewey and Scott Bargman, Smithville, 8 bass, 30.13 pounds, $1,400. First-day big bass: Gary Miller, Kansas City, and Jerry McVey, Stewartsville, Mo., 6.44 pounds, $750. Second-day big bass: Tony Habiger and John Shields, 7.41 pounds, $400
▪ CENTRAL PRO CHAMPIONSHIP: Bass tournament Saturday and Sunday at Table Rock Lake. 1. Gary Rusk, 26.30 pounds, $5,300. 2. Aaron Hodge, 26.11 pounds $2,100. Big bass: Rusk, 7.03 pounds, $550.
▪ JACOMO BASS CLUB: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Lake Jacomo. 1. Blake Buford, Greenwood, and Tim Collins, Lee’s Summit, 4 bass, 10.48 pounds, $210. 2. Jason Hahn, Independence, and Josh Mills, Kansas City, 4 bass, 9.16 pounds $130. Big bass: Walt Hammond, Lee’s Summit, 4.44 pounds, $60.
▪ LONGVIEW BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Longview Lake. 1. Jim Rice, Blue Springs, and Jim McCorkle, Raytown, 5 bass, 14.57 pounds, $160. 2. Pat Harlan, Pleasant Hill, and Chip Jarrett, Lee’s Summit, 3 bass, 8.50 pounds, $85. Big bass: Rice and McCorkle, 4.52 pounds, $70.
▪ BLUE SPRINGS BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Saturday at Blue Springs Lake. 1. Jim McCorkle, Raytown, and Chip Jarrett, Lee’s Summit, 4 bass, 12.64 pounds, $160. 2. Mike Rogers, Oak Grove, and Tom Yankee, Independence, 4 bass, 11.50 pounds, $100. Big bass: Rogers, 4.08 pounds, $50.