Reports of upcoming events or results can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 816-234-4319 by noon Monday. Results should include spellings of names and hometowns of the first two places and the big-fish winner. Upcoming events should include the lake, sanctioning body of the tournament, time, date, takeoff site, entry fee and a contact number for more information.
▪ AT BLUE SPRINGS LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Blue Springs Buddy Bass. When: 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Takeoff site: Blue Springs Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-550-5664.
▪ AT LAKE JACOMO: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by the Jacomo Bass Club. When: 7 a.m.-noon Sunday. Takeoff site: north boat ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 816-878-1996.
Never miss a local story.
▪ MIDWEST HAWGHUNTERS: CLASSIC XXXI on Oct. 9-10 at Pomme de Terre Lake. 1. Rodney Trites, Pittsburg, Kan., and Curt Williams, Windsor, Mo., 8 bass, 22.17 pounds, $1,200. 2. Charles Ayres, Walnut Grove, Mo.,. and Brent Watson, Willard, Mo., 8 bass, 212.01 pounds, $900. First-day big bass: Trites and Williams, 4.68 pounds, $250. Second-day big bass: Robert Brown and Jay Schreppel, Oswego, Kan., 4.69 pounds, $250.
▪ BLUE SPRINGS BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Saturday at Blue Springs Lake. 1. Mike Young, Lee’s Summit, and Jason Conrad, Independence, 4 bass, 15.06 pounds, $210. 2. Tom Yankee, Independence, and Mike Rogers, Oak Grove, 4 bass, 14.08 pounds, $130. Big bass: Jason Crist, Grain Valley, 5.29 pounds, $80.
▪ OLATHE BASS CLUB: Club bass tournament Saturday and Sunday at Stockton Lake. 1. Brent Neis, Wellsville, 10 bass, 19.81 pounds. 2. Jeremy Montgomery, Overland Park, 7 bass, 19.29 pounds. Big bass: Montgomery, 4.29 pounds.
To reach Brent Frazee, The Star’s outdoors editor, call 816-234-4319 or send email to email@example.com