Reports of upcoming events or results can be made by emailing email@example.com or by calling 816-234-4319 by noon Monday. Results should include spellings of names and hometowns of the first two places and the big-fish winner. Upcoming events should include the lake, sanctioning body of the tournament, time, date, takeoff site, entry fee and a contact number for more information.
▪ AT BLUE SPRINGS LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Blue Springs Buddy Bass. When: 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Takeoff site: Blue Springs Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-550-5664.
▪ AT MISSOURI RIVER, ATCHISON, KAN.: Buddy catfish tournament, Midwest Open Championship, sponsored by Kansas City Catfish. When: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Takeoff site: Independence Park, Atchison. Entry fee: $145 per team on the day of the tournament. More information at www.kccatfish.com.
▪ AT LONGVIEW LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Longview Buddy Bass. When: 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday. Takeoff site: Longview Lake Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-805-2605.
▪ CENTRAL PRO-AM: Championship bass tournament Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Table Rock Lake. 1. Pro Division: 1. Tim Sainato, 37.81 pounds, $7,600. 2. Marty Conrad, 33.17 pounds, $3,200. Big bass: Shane Boyd, 4.73 pounds, $540. Co-Angler Division: 1. Adam Caldwell, 13.69 pounds. 2. Fred Prisk, 10.10 pounds. Big bass: Randy Scott, 4.59 pounds.
▪ MIDWEST HAWGHUNTERS: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Truman Lake. 1. Byron Maze and Mark Bolton, Fort Scott, Kan., 4 bass, 11.66 pounds, $291. 2. Perry Ayres, Pleasant Hope, Mo., and Rodney Faught, Springfield, Mo., 4 bass, 11.07 pounds, $208. Big bass: Maze and Bolton, 5.44 pounds, $100.
▪ LONGVIEW BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Longview Lake. 1. Jim McCorkle, Raytown, and Jim Rice, Blue Springs, 5 bass, 12.91 pounds, $145. No second place awarded. Big bass: Dave Shay, Lee’s Summit, and Rich Kerr, 4.76 pounds, $105.
▪ SOL PRO BASSMASTERS: Club bass tournament Saturday and Sunday at Truman Lake. 1. Averrell Johnson, Overland Park, 3 bass, 8.35 pounds. 2. Willie Tally, North Kansas City, 4 bass, 7.30 pounds. Big bass: Johnson, 2.92 pounds.
▪ BLUE SPRINGS BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Saturday at Blue Springs Lake. 1. Mike Rogers, Oak Grove, and Tom Yankee, Independence, 4 bass, 14.97 pounds, $210. 2. Jim McCorkle, Raytown, and Jim Rice, Blue Springs, 4 bass, 8.02 pounds, $139. Big bass: Rogers, 4.94 pounds, $80.
▪ AMERICAN BASS ANGLERS DIVISION 126: Bass tournament Saturday at Stockton Lake. 1. Scott Tassi, Arma, Kan., 5 bass, 14.19 pounds, $538. 2. Jim Clay, Cherryvale, Kan., 5 bass, 10.75 pounds, $200. Big bass: Tassi, 6.01 pounds.
▪ OLATHE BASS CLUB: Club bass tournament Saturday at Melvern Lake. 1. Frank Flack, Spring Hill, and Ed Reed, Smithville, 3 bass, 8.35 pounds. 2. Josh Richards and Damon Petrey, Olathe, 2 bass, 5.15 pounds. Big bass: Frank Flack, 4.01 pounds.
▪ INDEPENDENCE BASS CLUB: Club bass tournament Saturday at Pomme de Terre Lake. 1. Tim Vincent, Grain Valley, and Jeremy Powell, Blue Springs, 12 pounds, 14 ounces. 2. Greg Lundquist, Blue Springs, and Alan Lundquist, Independence, 11 pounds, 10 ounces. Big bass: Lundquist team, 3 pounds.
▪ BURTON’S BAIT AND TACKLE: Buddy bass tournament Sept. 7 at Smithville Lake. 1. Joe Dorcy, Smithville, and Jin Nguyen, Kansas City, 5 bass, 20.14 pounds, $850. 2. Troy Caldwell, Excelsior Springs, and Mike Spence, Holt, 5 bass, 17 pounds, $650. Big bass: Jim Sloan and Jeff Stout, Shawnee, 8.56 pounds, $285.
To reach Brent Frazee, The Star’s outdoors editor, call 816-234-4319 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.