The Fishing Tournament Trail is published each Tuesday of the fishing season. To report results or upcoming tournaments, call 816-234-4319 or send email to email@example.com. For results, report the lake and the date of the event, and spell first and last names, hometowns and winning weight of the first- and second-place and big bass winners. For upcoming events, provide name of lake, date, hours, takeoff site and a telephone number for further information.
▪ AT BLUE SPRINGS LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Blue Springs Buddy Bass. When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Takeoff site: Blue Springs Lake Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-550-5664.
▪ AT LAKE JACOMO: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by the Jacomo Bass Club. When: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday. Takeoff site: north boat ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 816-878-1996.
Never miss a local story.
▪ AT LONGVIEW LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Longview Buddy Bass. When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 12. Takeoff site: Longview Lake Marina. Entry fee: $50. More information: 816-805-2605.
▪ ▪ BURTON’S BAIT AND TACKLE: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Stockton Lake. 1. Bob Kitterman, and Andy Bissett, Smithville, 5 bass, 26.35 pounds, $875. 2. Kendell Sheel, Raymore, and David Shaw, Smithville, 5 bass, 16.95 pounds, $670. Big bass: Ryan Dickson and David Mitsdarffer, Belton, 8.61 pounds, $300.
▪ WEBB OUTDOORS: Central Team Circuit bass tournament Sunday at Table Rock Lake.1. Ryan Butler and Scott Bailey, 5 bass, 21.28 pounds, $1,276. 2. Tom and Dillon Statler, 5 bass, 18.50 pounds, $00. Big bass: Taylor Surly and Kyle Bohannan, 5.75 pounds, $264.
▪ JACOMO BASS CLUB: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Lake Jacomo. 1. (tie) Walt Hammond, Lee’s Summit, and Dan Laboube, Lake Winnebago, and Kerry Moore, Lake Winnebago, and Dave Wagner, Blue Springs, each with 4 bass, 13.50 pounds, $195. Big bass: Laboube, 4.95 pounds, $00.
▪ OLATHE BASS CLUB: Club bass tournament Saturday at Smithville Lake. 1. Ed Reed, Smithville, 4 bass, 14.67 pounds. 2. Frank Flack, Spring Hill, 5 bass, 14.01 pounds. Big bass: Reed, 5.55 pounds.
▪ INDEPENDENCE BASS CLUB: Club bass tournament Saturday at Lake of the Ozarks. 1. Gale Moore, Sugar Creek, and Mike Mathews, Pleasant Hill, 5 bass, 17 pounds, 8 ounces. 2. Greg and Allen Lundquist, Independence, 4 bass, 17 pounds. Big bass: Moore and Mathews, 5.8 pounds.
▪ BLUE SPRINGS BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Saturday at Blue Springs Lake. 1. Mark Slocum, Lee’s Summit, and Terry Apple, Overland Park, 4 bass, 14.75 pounds, $160. 2. Jeff Davis, Blue Springs, fishing alone, 4 bass, 10.03 pounds, $100. Big bass: Bryce Stokes, Lee’s Summit, 4.44 pounds, $50.
▪ LONGVIEW BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Longview Lake. 1. Pat Harlan, Pleasant Hill, and Chip Jarrett, Lee’s Summit, 4 bass, 11.03 pounds, $135. 2. Kevin Wright, Belton, and Andy Vance, Peculiar, 2 bass, 5.73 pounds, $75. Big bass: Wright and Vance, 3.59 pounds, $60.
▪ BACKLASHERS BASS CLUB. Club bass tournament March 21 at La Cygne Lake. Boater Division: 1. Ken Gardner, Shawnee, 2 bass, 7.67 pounds. 2. Dave Brown, Shawnee, 2 bass, 7.36 pounds. Non-Boater Division: 1. Jacob Her, Kansas City, Kan., 2 bass, 10.58 pounds.2. Herb Bouyack, Olathe, 2 bass, 8.72 pounds. Overall big bass: Her, 5.32 pounds.
To reach outdoors editor Brent Frazee, call 816-234-4319 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter. com@fishboybrent.