The Fishing Tournament Trail is published each Tuesday of the fishing season. To report results or upcoming tournaments, call 816-234-4319 or send email to email@example.com. For results, report the lake and the date of the event, and spell first and last names, hometowns and winning weight of the first- and second-place and big bass winners. For upcoming events, provide name of lake, date, hours, takeoff site and a telephone number for further information.
▪ AT BLUE SPRINGS LAKE: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by Blue Springs Buddy Bass. When: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Takeoff site: Blue Springs Lake Marina. Entry fee: $50 per team. More information: 816-550-5664.
▪ AT STOCKTON LAKE: American Bass Anglers Division 126 bass tournament. When: safe light to 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Takeoff site: Hartley boat ramp (the old State Park). Format: Boaters and non-boaters will be paired. Entry fee: Tournament entrants must be ABA members ($25 dues per year). Tournament entry fee is $70 per person. More information: 316-644-1454.
Never miss a local story.
▪ AT LAKE JACOMO: Buddy bass tournament sponsored by the Jacomo Bass Club. When: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. Takeoff site: north boat ramp. Entry fee: $40 per team. More information: 816-878-1996.
▪ JACOMO BASS CLUB: Buddy bass tournament Sunday at Lake Jacomo. 1. Mike Rogers, Oak Grove, and Jason Crist, Grain Valley, 4 bass, 17.80 pounds, $240. 2. Walt Hammond, Lee’s Summit, and Dan Laboube, Lake Winnebago, 4 bass, 11.25 pounds, $180. Big bass: Rogers, 5.60 pounds, $90.
▪ BLUE SPRINGS BUDDY BASS: Buddy bass tournament Saturday at Blue Springs Lake. 1. Mike Young, Lee’s Summit, and Jason Conrad, Kansas City, 4 bass, 12.66 pounds, $200. 2. John Martin, Lee’s Summit, and Ed Phillips, Blue Springs, 4 bass, 8.62 pounds, $120. Big bass: Adam Shelton, Lee’s Summit, 5.46 pounds, $70.
▪ KANSAS CITY CATFISH: Buddy catfish tournament March 8 on Lake of the Ozarks. 1. Casey Creason and Lance and Austin Robinson, 139.4 pounds. 2. Kyle McAdams and Dustin Borchert, 89 pounds. Big fish: McAdams and Borchert, 42 pounds.
▪ WEBB OUTDOORS: Central Elite bass tournament March 7-8 at Table Rock Lake. 1. Brent Algeo, 38.97 pounds, $3,000. 2. Aaron Martin, 32.57 pounds, $2,000. Day 1 big bass: Gary Martin, 7.32 pounds, $365. Day 2 big bass: Dave Moon, 7.76 pounds, $365.