Ten kids ages 6-15 won their respective divisions in this year’s NFL Punt, Pass & Kick regional competition at the Chiefs’ KU Hospital training complex.
Sunday’s competition in five age divisions both boys and girls started at 8 a.m. By the time the Chiefs’ noon kickoff against Tennessee arrived, each participant had launched one punt, one pass and one kick; winners were determined by scores based on both distance and accuracy.
Scores posted by each of the 10 winners will next be graded against others from around the country. The top four socres in each age group nationally will be eligible to take part in the Punt, Pass & Kick National Championships at the 2017 Pro Bowl.
Andy Reid, Dan Marino and Troy Aikman are among the well-known NFL personalities who competed in Punt, Pass & Kick competitions as youngsters. The event dates to 1961.
Age group winners Sunday in KC included:
▪ 6/7 girls: Zoie Hesse, Iola, Kan.
▪ 6/7 boys: Samuel Kuehn, St. Genevieve, Mo.
▪ 8/9 girls: Jayla McClinton, Raytown
▪ 8/9 boys: T.J. Bender, Chesterfield, Mo.
▪ 10/11 girls: Macy Richardson, Tecumseh, Neb.
▪ 10/11 boys: Lane Kruse, Omaha, Neb.
▪ 12/13 girls: Lauren Kurtz, Peculiar
▪ 12/13 boys: Nathan Wulff, Omaha, Neb.
▪ 14/15 girls: Boston Boucher, Wood River, Neb.
▪ 14/15 boys: Zach Jones, Mt. Vernon, Mo.