▪ WHEN/WHERE: 9:30 p.m. Saturday; at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif.
▪ TV/RADIO: KMCI-TV (Ch. 38); WHB (810) FM, La Grande (1340 AM)
▪ ABOUT SPORTING KC (2-1-3, 9 points): Winger Graham Zusi says he is ready to return to the lineup after he missed two games with a hamstring strain. … Sporting KC is unbeaten over its past four games, posting shutouts in three of the four.
▪ ABOUT LA GALAXY (2-2-2, 8 points): The Galaxy are clearly a different team without Landon Donovan, who retired after the 2014 season, but they remain dangerous offensively. They could welcome back star forward Robbie Keane, who sat out last week’s 1-0 win against Seattle with a groin injury.
Never miss a local story.
▪ BOTTOM LINE: The LA Galaxy are unbeaten over their past 24 games at the StubHub Center, and they’ve lost only three of their past 46 home games. On the other hand, Sporting KC owns the league’s best road record over the last two seasons.
▪ PREDICTION: LA Galaxy 2, Sporting KC 1
| Sam McDowell, email@example.com