- Wichita Kapaun Mt. Carmel 35, St. Thomas Aquinas 34 | Kansas Class 5A girls basketball quarterfinals
- Lansing 68, St. Thomas Aquinas 57
- North Kansas City girls 50, Lee's Summit West 42
- Lee's Summit West 70, Park Hill 40
- Barstow 69, Summit Christian 53
- Shawnee Mission Northwest 61, Olathe North 44
- Rockhurst 72, Raymore-Peculiar 41
- Girls High School Basketball | Truman 51, Kearney 43
- High School Boys Basketball | St. Thomas Aquinas 65, St. James Academy 59 OT
- Missouri State Wrestling Championships | Columbia
- Lee's Summit North 51, Lee's Summit 43
After two seasons with the Stags, Turner announced his retirement on Monday
20 Kansas City area teams are going to state, here are some of the biggest story lines
Khalil and Carlos Davis, both defensive tackles, decide they’ll be Cornhuskers.
The road from Lee’s Summit West to the Missouri football program just became a little more well-traveled. Lee’s Summit West junior running back Ryan Williams announced Saturday his commitment to Missouri. He follows in the footsteps of Lee’s Summit West teammates Logan Cheadle and Kevin Pendleton, who signed with MU earlier this winter following their senior seasons with the Titans.
Five-star offensive lineman Braden Smith of Olathe South announced on Wednesday that he will play for Auburn next season. He was one of 13 football players to make their announcements during ESPNUs Signing Day coverage.
All across America on Wednesday, thousands of high school athletes will sign college letters of intent, living out dreams and charting futures. But inside the halls of Shawnee Mission West, something will be missing. This was supposed to be the day Vikings star Andre Maloney signed to play football at KU.
When Barstow coach Billy Thomas stepped onto the Hearnes Center floor this week, the former Kansas Jayhawk joked he felt a pain in his stomach. His previous two trips to the old home of the Missouri Tigers didn’t leave pleasant memories — top-five ranked Kansas teams were dealt losses in back-to-back seasons.
On the western side of Missouri, the road to the boys Class 5 state tournament in Columbia goes through Lee’s Summit via the Independence Events Center. Lee’s Summit made it possible with its 67-58 victory over Fort Osage on Wednesday evening in the Class 5 sectional. Early in the day, Lee’s Summit West defeated Park Hill.
BV Northwest advances, but Olathe East is eliminated on Thursday at Kansas 6A boys basketball state tournament.
Paola downs Winfield 51-48 and advances to the Class 4A semifinals. Basehor-Linwood and Sumner Academy both lose.