The Star’s highs school basketball rankings are voted on by the high school staff. The big-class division is made up of Missouri Class 5 and 4, as well as Kansas Class 6A and 5A. All other classes are in the small class.
(Records are through Wednesday’s games)
1. Lee’s Summit: 10-0. No opponent has played the Tigers closer than nine points this season.
Never miss a local story.
2. Lawrence: 8-1. Jackson Mallory scored a career-high 19 points in a win Tuesday against SM West.
3. Olathe East: 7-1. Josiah Talbert has back-to-back double-digit scoring games for the Hawks.
4. Lee’s Summit West: 9-2. Elijah Childs scored 19 points Tuesday to help the Titans hold off Park Hill by one point.
5. Blue Valley Northwest: 4-1. The Huskies suffered their first loss Tuesday against Blue Valley West.
6. Liberty North: 9-2. After a slip against Kearney last Friday, the Eagles bounced back for a victory against North Kansas City.
7. Blue Springs South: 8-2. The final conference tuneups are games against Rockhurst and Christian Brothers College on back-to-back nights.
8. Shawnee Mission North: 5-2. The Indians are on a three-game Sunflower League winning streak.
9. Blue Springs: 9-2. The scoring balance in the Wildcats’ lineup makes them a tough matchup.
10. Olathe South: 6-2. Both of the Falcons’ losses have come against other teams in The Star’s poll.
1. Barstow: 8-1. The Knights have cruised to five straight double-digit victories.
2. Basehor-Linwood: 7-0. The Bobcats have won every game by at least 15 points.
3. Hogan Prep: 12-2. The Rams are only four wins shy of reaching last season’s total.
4. O’Hara: 9-3. The Celtics are averaging 78.8 points per game over a three-game winning streak.
5. Bonner Springs: 7-1. The Braves have won seven in a row since a season-opening loss.
1. Liberty: 12-1. Top scorer Morgan Fleming poured in 30 points for the Blue Jays in a win Monday.
2. Olathe South: 8-0. Kacey Kennett and Zoe Matje combined for seven three-pointers on Tuesday.
3. Leavenworth: 6-1. The Pioneers topped Shawnee Mission Northwest in overtime last Friday.
4. North Kansas City: 9-1. The defense has held teams to 30 points per game during a four-game winning streak.
5. Shawnee Mission Northwest: 6-2. The Cougars rebounded from back-to-back losses by beating Olathe North.
6. Blue Valley Northwest: 6-1. The Huskies have won four consecutive games since losing to Bishop Miege.
7. Olathe East: 6-1. The Hawks have won their first three Sunflower League games.
8. St. Thomas Aquinas: 6-2. Sophomore Sereena Weledji had a team-high 20 points Tuesday against Gardner Edgerton.
9. Lawrence Free State: 5-2. The Firebirds’ two losses have been decided by a total of three points.
10. St. Teresa’s Academy: 10-3. Since a 1-3 start, the Stars have won nine in a row.
1. Bishop Miege: 6-0. The Stags are averaging 64.3 points per game and allowing 34.2.
2. Piper: 8-0. The Pirates came back to beat Mill Valley on Tuesday after trailing at the end of the first quarter.
3. St. Pius X: 10-1. Abby Hipp, Antoinette Mussorici and Natalie Denzer are averaging double figures in scoring this season.
4. O’Hara: 11-0. The Celtics’ unbeaten record faces tests with games against Smithville and St. Pius X over the next week.
5. Paola: 7-1. The Panthers have won five consecutive games since losing to Piper.