Cooper Kaifes scored 32 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in Mill Valley's 68-64 upset victory over top-seeded Goddard Eisenhower on Wednesday in the Kansas Class 5A boys quarterfinals in Topeka.
Keeshawn Mason added 20 points for the Jaguars (12-11).
Dylan Vincent led Eisenhower (19-3) with 22 points.
▪ Schlagle's Tyon Grant-Foster scored 19 points, but the Stallions couldn't overcome Bishop Carroll in a 68-57 loss in the Class 5A quarterfinals.
Ronnell Mitchell added 15 points for Schlagle (17-6).
▪ Rockhurst advanced in the Missouri state tournament with a 64-59 victory over Lee's Summit West on Wednesday at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
The Hawklets (22-5) will play the winner of the late game Wednesday between Liberty and Park Hill. The Titans ended the season at 22-5.
Top-seeded Olathe East remained unbeaten with a 47-30 win over Olathe South in the Kansas Class 6A girls quarterfinals Wednesday in Wichita.
Sydney Wilson scored 27 points for Olathe East (23-0).
Isabella Price led Olathe South (15-8) with 10 points.
▪ Piper, the No. seed in Kansas 4A Division I, kept its record perfect this season with a 57-42 victory over Paola at White Auditorium in Emporia.
Piper, 22-0, will face Bishop Miege in the semifinals on Friday. Bishop Miege (21-2) beat Towanda-Circle 56-38.
▪ Shawnee Mission Northwest and Blue Valley North both saw their seasons come to an end Wednesday in the Kansas Class 6A quarterfinals in Wichita.
SM Northwest (16-7) lost 56-38 to Wichita South, and Blue Valley North (17-6) fell 60-44 to Derby.
▪ Lee's Summit North and North Kansas City went to overtime Wednesday before the Broncos prevailed 47-46 in Missouri Class 5 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Lee's summit North improved to 21-5. The Hornets ended their season at 25-3.
▪ Blue Springs closed out its season at 12-14 with a 56-49 loss to Camdenton in Missouri Class 5 at State Fair Community College in Sedalia, Mo.