On Tuesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell came to Kansas City as part of the leagues increasingly omnipresent damage-control effort regarding head injuries. But he wound up sharing the stage with a lawsuit filed against the Chiefs and another event held at the same time to promote concussion awareness.
College football faces the prospect of a national title game without a team from the Southeastern Conference. Thats not a popular concept for the conference that has won seven straight national championships.
- SEC wins at everything, including conference realignment Nov 29, 1:39 PM
- Bad weekend for Jameis Winston and three other quarterbacks puts Heisman race in flux Nov 24, 11:06 PM
- Wind came sweepin’ down the plain for Oklahoma in win at K-State Nov 23, 4:49 PM
Witnesses at Arrowhead Stadium saw a tailgater pummel a man who apparently had climbed into the wrong vehicle Sunday, according to new details obtained by The Star. After the beating, the tailgater and his friends went back to their vehicles to watch the Chiefs game on TV. But when someone noticed the man was not breathing and summoned police, the tailgater fled the stadium.
Here's some video of defensive tackle Jerrell Powe (No. 99) going through drills with his fellow linemen Wednesday. Powe was participating in his first practice with the Chiefs since he re-signed with the team earlier this week. Also, here's a bonus video of outside linebackers Tamba Hali (91) and Frank Zombo (51) working on their hand-fighting techniques before practice.
- Man who plays KC Wolf out of hospital, faces ‘long road of recovery’ Dec 4, 12:51 PM
- Breaking down Chiefs playoff scenarios Dec 3, 6:14 PM
- Snap count observations: Is A.J. Jenkins starting to emerge? Dec 3, 9:37 AM
Northwest Missouri State senior quarterback Trevor Adams was chosen Academic All-American of the Year in Division II football by the College Sports Information Directors of America. Adams is a biology/psychology double major who has a 3.94 grade-point average. The Bearcats, 12-0 and ranked No. 2 in the country, play St. Cloud State (Minn.) at home Saturday in the national quarterfinals.
- Rockhurst men bid for NCAA Division II soccer title Dec 4, 3:57 PM
- KU to play back-to-back nonconference road games for first time under Self Dec 4, 4:00 PM
- Tickets to SEC championship game averaging $500 on resale market Dec 4, 8:26 AM
- Gary Pinkel a finalist for Maxwell coaching award Dec 4, 8:23 AM
You often hear about the travails of minor-league baseball: the long bus rides, the low pay, etc. But Royals prospect Jason Adams time in the minor leagues includes dating a beauty queen. Thats because Adams girlfriend, Kelsey Miller, was crowned Miss Delaware USA last week.
- Winter league update: Colon is on a tear Nov 30, 12:23 AM
- Would you approve of Royals signing a player with a PED past? Nov 24, 11:36 PM
- Defending the Jason Vargas signing Nov 24, 12:31 AM
Can’t make it to St. Louis Friday and Saturday? Here’s where to find the high school state championship games on TV.
- Which Missouri and Kansas high school football teams will play for state championships? Nov 22, 7:02 PM
- Predicting Missouri and Kansas high school sectional football games Nov 15, 3:52 PM
- Blue Springs football team receives national ranking Nov 12, 2:00 PM
Let's get right down to the most important question facing the two fanbases ahead of the MLS Cup: Which team has the best hype video?
- Sporting news: MLS Cup officially sold out Dec 2, 11:00 PM
- MLS Cup week is here: Schedule of events, practices in Kansas City Dec 2, 11:15 AM
- Remembering the Wizards' 2000 MLS Cup victory Nov 28, 12:42 PM
- Ticket presale for Sporting KCs MLS Cup game is compromised Nov 27, 6:20 AM
I want to take this opportunity to let UFR readers know what is going on with me. But first, I want to express my gratitude to all of you who have followed this blog for whatever portion of the 3+ years it has been in existence
- MU: The best Mizzou team ever? Feb 7, 1:30 AM
- Wrapping up the NFL - QB style. Feb 6, 12:55 AM
- KU-MU: War Games Feb 5, 5:59 AM
- K-State: Coming out of a slump! Feb 5, 12:49 AM