Remember one year ago, when the Chiefs were well on their way to a two-win season? Their utter destruction of Washington on a snowy Sunday in the nations capital served as a stark reminder of the completeness of their turnaround.
Today, and on this day for the previous 15 years, we debate whether the BCS got it right. This year, like most, it did with a championship game that matches Florida State and Auburn. So, as we consider this years pairings and there are some attractive ones lets plug in this seasons results into next years format and pretend the College Football Playoff is already upon us.
- Bowl Championship Series era will end without a Mizzou appearance Dec 7, 11:39 PM
- SEC title game was a smash hit from the outset Dec 5, 4:49 PM
- SEC teams want a shot at the title Dec 2, 10:50 AM
Witnesses at Arrowhead Stadium saw a tailgater pummel a man who apparently had climbed into the wrong vehicle Sunday, according to new details obtained by The Star. After the beating, the tailgater and his friends went back to their vehicles to watch the Chiefs game on TV. But when someone noticed the man was not breathing and summoned police, the tailgater fled the stadium.
It’s halftime at FedEx Field, where the Chiefs lead Washington 38-10. Here are some quick observations.
- Chiefs inactives: Stephenson starts for Albert at left tackle, Fisher starts at right tackle Dec 8, 11:54 AM
- Powe thrilled to be a Chief again Dec 7, 6:41 PM
- The Star’s NFL Predictions Dec 6, 8:01 PM
Missouri’s Michael Sam was chosen Southeastern Conference defensive player of the year Monday by the Associated Press.
- Three K-State football players are all-Big 12 first-teamers Dec 9, 2:47 PM
- BCS gets its final championship game right Dec 9, 12:48 PM
- Missouri ranked No. 9 in AP college football poll Dec 8, 11:56 AM
- Is Kansas State headed for Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl or Holiday Bowl? Dec 8, 11:12 AM
Here's a scouting report on new Royals outfielder Norichika Aoki from Milwaukee.
- Royals prospect is dating beauty queen Kelsey Miller Dec 4, 11:19 AM
- Winter league update: Colon is on a tear Nov 30, 12:23 AM
- Would you approve of Royals signing a player with a PED past? Nov 24, 11:36 PM
Can’t make it to St. Louis Friday and Saturday? Here’s where to find the high school state championship games on TV.
- Which Missouri and Kansas high school football teams will play for state championships? Nov 22, 7:02 PM
- Predicting Missouri and Kansas high school sectional football games Nov 15, 3:52 PM
- Blue Springs football team receives national ranking Nov 12, 2:00 PM
The celebrations probably won't stop for a while. Not after Sporting Kansas City won its second MLS Cup trophy on Saturday night. Here are The Full 90's three thoughts and man of the match.
- Sporting KC's Cup run has been a few years coming Dec 7, 12:48 AM
- MLS Cup Tactical Preview: The important battles to watch Dec 6, 11:16 PM
- For U.S., Group of Death could mean Group of Revenge Dec 6, 12:10 PM
- Real Salt Lake vs. Sporting KC: The tale of the tape Dec 5, 11:21 PM
I want to take this opportunity to let UFR readers know what is going on with me. But first, I want to express my gratitude to all of you who have followed this blog for whatever portion of the 3+ years it has been in existence
- MU: The best Mizzou team ever? Feb 7, 1:30 AM
- Wrapping up the NFL - QB style. Feb 6, 12:55 AM
- KU-MU: War Games Feb 5, 5:59 AM
- K-State: Coming out of a slump! Feb 5, 12:49 AM