Following a lopsided loss to Purdue, Montaque Gill-Caesar said the Tigers gathered for a talk at the team hotel. It did wonders for the team’s mindset.
“We actually had a team talk yesterday,” Gill-Caesar said, “and the leaders of the team kind of reached out to everybody else and kind of gave everybody else confidence. So when you have guys like that, you’re going to have a boost. I think it showed today.”
▪ Namon Wright had a strong game against Chaminade, putting up 21 points and six rebounds.
Coach Kim Anderson was pleased with his play. But he was also encouraged by several of his young players.
Never miss a local story.
“The big things with those young guys is confidence,” Anderson said. “You look today and you guys can do the math … We had four freshmen out there playing a lot of minutes today. So that is encouraging. Hopefully it will give them some confidence.”
▪ Key play: Ryan Rosburg hit a layup to give Missouri a 9-0 lead.
▪ Key stat: Chaminade made 29 percent of its shots.
▪ Key play: Namon Wright hit a layup to give Missouri an eight-point lead and spark a 15-5 run.
▪ Key stat: Missouri made 48 percent of its shots.