Tristin Wicks and Kyleesha Weston led the team with 15 points each for MidAmerica Nazarene during its 72-69 win over Wayland Baptist in the NAIA women’s tournament Thursday in Independence.
Daria Sprew got her sixth double-double of the season with 11 points and 10 rebounds for MidAmerica.
▪ OKLAHOMA BAPTIST 52, BAKER 47: Elisabeth Daniels made two free throws with 11 seconds that assured the victory for the Bison. Daniels led OBU with 14 points. Baker made just 21.1 percent of its shots from the field (15 of 71), including just three of 25 from three-point range.
▪ BETHEL (TENN.) 62, WILLIAM WOODS (MO.) 61: Bethel blew a 22-point lead but escaped when Shamon Pearson made a three-pointer with 2.9 seconds remaining.
Never miss a local story.
▪ OUR LADY OF THE LAKES (TEXAS) 83, MARTIN METHODIST (TENN.) 67: Guard Taylor Hamilton scored 22 points with seven assists and seven steals, and Courtney Bayliss added 18 points for her 18th consecutive game in double figures for the Saints.
▪ WESTMONT (CALIF.) 74, LYON (ARK.) 63: Kristin Karr, with 18 points, was one of four players in double figures for the Warriors. Esther Lee added 17 points, Aysia Shellmire had 12 and Lauren McCoy scored 10 points.
▪ WESTMINSTER (UTAH) 58, CUMBERLAND (TENN.) 38: Top-seeded Westminster was led by Amy Krommenhoek’s 15 points, and Tia Pappas’ 13.
▪ CAMPBELLSVILLE (KY.) 55, LSU-SHREVEPORT 46: Campbellsville forced 25 turnovers and had 13 steals.
▪ CONCORDIA (CLAIF. 59), CARROLL (MONT.) 48: Jasmine Crawford scored 20 points for No. 3-seed Concordia, which never trailed.
Thursday’s men’s games
▪ PIKESVILLE (KY.) 94, BETHEL (TENN.) 86: Pikesville, the No. 6 seed, never trailed after a 13-2 run early in the first half gave the Bears a 22-10 lead.
Bethel pulled within 49-48 5 minutes into the second half, but Pikesville answered with a 14-2 run for a 63-50 lead.
Junior guard Macari Brooks led Pikesville with 21 points.
▪ CONCORDIA (CALIF.) 74, OKLAHOMA CITY 62: Concordia built a 47-25 lead late in the first half and breezed to victory.
The Eagles held Oklahoma City to 37 percent shooting.
Junior guard Matt Scott led Concordia with 19 points.
▪ TALLADEGA (ALA.) 74, ROCKY MOUNTAIN (MONT.) 63: No. 2 seed Talladega trailed 48-46 with 9 minutes, 13 seconds left before going on a 12-0 run. Rocky Mountain (Mont.) never got closer than eight the rest of the way.
Shondel Stewart led Talladega with 17 points.
▪ MID-AMERICA CHRISTIAN (OKLA.) 84, XAVIER (LA.) 70: Mid-American Christian took control with four second-half three-pointers. Senior Reggie Davis had one and junior Jerrick Massenburge made two before one by senior Semar Farris gave the Evangels a 67-47 lead with 9:07 left.
▪ CAMPBELLSVILLE (KY.) 88, LSU-SHREVEPORT 80: Campbellsville got 24 points from D’Von Camphbell.
| The Kansas City Star