The Monday Poll took a week off from all that heavy political stuff and asked readers to take on an even “hotter” subject: How do they handle Kansas City’s summers?
Some clear favorites emerged when it came to summertime activities. However, the 240 or so poll respondents were evenly split on whether they love this region’s hottest times of the year.
The full results:
1. What is your favorite outdoor summertime activity?
A Royals game 39%
Worlds/Oceans of Fun 1%
The swimming pool 36%
A picnic 25%
2. What is your favorite indoor space on a blistering hot day?
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art 44%
Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts 9%
An indoor swimming pool 9%
A shopping mall 38%
3. What is your favorite cookout food?
Hot dogs 14%
Corn on the cob 13%
4. How cool do you keep your house/apartment?
68 degrees or lower 5%
72 degrees 41%
76 degrees 48%
80 degrees or warmer 7%
5. Actually, I love Kansas City’s hot summer months.
Strongly agree 14%
Strongly disagree 20%