We asked for your reaction to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union Speech and you replied. Here are the results of our unscientific survey, based on more than 650 responses.
1) Placing higher taxes on the rich is a good idea, as long as it leads to more tax breaks for working-class Americans.
Strongly agree 49%
Never miss a local story.
Strongly disagree 25%
2) Obama’s “free” community college tuition plan is little more than a costly gimmick.
Strongly agree 36%
Strongly disagree 31%
3) The one thing Congress and Obama can agree on: They must pass a bipartisan infrastructure plan, mostly for road and bridge repairs.
Strongly agree 55%
Strongly disagree 4%
4) The president knows Republicans won’t adopt most of his ideas, but stonewalling them will help Democratic candidates for the White House and Congress in 2016.
Strongly agree 32%
Strongly disagree 20%
5) Obama damaged his chances to work with Congress when, after saying he had no more campaigns to run, he quipped, “I know because I won both of ’em.”
Strongly agree 28%
Strongly disagree 41%