Our weekly unscientific survey covered several timely topics. Here are the results, based on more than 300 responses. Spoiler alert: Kansas City Royals fans seem to be lacking in confidence.
1) Kansas City’s murder rate improved in 2014. This year, do you expect...
Even fewer murders and fewer violent crimes? 48%
Fewer murders but increase in other violent crimes? 21%
An increase in the murder rate, perhaps approaching 100 again? 31%
2) The Kansas City Royals...
Will win the American League Central division, but lose in the postseason. 39%
Will dash expectations, fail to make postseason. 42%
Will return to the World Series and prevail. 19%
3) Gov. Brownback and the Kansas Legislature will hold the course on their tax-cut policy, and the state economy will rebound faster than the national average.
Strongly agree 8%
Somewhat agree 10%
Somewhat disagree 7%
Strongly disagree 75%
4) Democratic presidential hopefuls might include Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders. Who has the best chance of igniting a candidacy this year, uniting the party and winning it all in 2016?
None of the above 23%
5) Republican presidential hopefuls might include Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Chris Christie, Mitt Romney and more. Who has the best chance of igniting a candidacy this year, uniting the party and winning it all in 2016?
None of the above 29%