Sen. Claire McCaskill to hold town hall meeting Wednesday in KC
03/18/2014 4:46 PM
03/19/2014 12:05 AM
Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill brings her “McCaskill on Main Street” tour is to Kansas City on Wednesday where she’ll answer questions from constituents.
Wednesday’s session is at 12:30 p.m. on the fourth floor of the UMKC Student Union, 5000 Cherry St.
If the Wednesday session is anything like the one McCaskill attended Monday in Columbia, she’ll be asked about legalizing marijuana, Russia and gay marriage.
In Columbia, McCaskill
• Did not take a stand on the legalization of marijuana, saying she is talking with her colleagues from Colorado about their experience. One thing McCaskill said she’s learned: Some unexpected problems have arisen.
• Said she hopes same-sex marriage will be legalized in Missouri.
• Insisted she does not support aggression against Russia for its actions in Ukraine, saying that “would start World War III.” Instead, she favors more economic sanctions.
• Said the next hurdle for the issue of sexual assault against women should be focusing on the under-reporting of sexual assaults on college campuses. The Democrat has focused heavily on curtailing sexual assault in the military.
• Urged the General Assembly to spend more on roads and bridges.
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.