Who said this?
1. “An objective mathematical measure of Obama’s economic policies shows he’s blazing a new path of failure.”
2. “This is a clear attempt by a lawless White House to aid and abet voter fraud.”
3. “If we don’t stop ObamaCare, voters will find someone who will.”
4. “Big spenders from both parties are working hand-in-hand to spend money we don’t have.”
5. “ObamaCare is a disaster and must be fully repealed. “
6. “Our country is hungry for conservative leadership.”
Answer: The first three quotes come from U.S. Rep.Steve Stockman of Texas. The last three come from Milton Wolf.
The last two weeks have been pretty tough for Wolf, who’s running against incumbent Sen.Pat Roberts
in the Kansas GOP primary.
Tuesday’s news from Texas may have shaded his prospects even further.
There, Stockman mounted a tea party challenge to longtime incumbent Sen.John Cornyn
in the GOP primary.
All races are different, of course, and the dynamics in Kansas could change between now and August. And, to be fair, Roberts’ own rhetoric matches Stockman’s and Wolf’s in many ways.
But unseating an incumbent senator is almost always an uphill task, as Stockman shows. The signs from Texas suggest the hill is growing steeper, for Wolf and other tea party accolytes.