The Jackson County medical tax is now before the voters
09/24/2013 10:13 AM
09/24/2013 10:18 AM
Mail-in ballots are also accepted. Contact the relevant election board for more info.
Remember, Missouri does not haveadvance
voting. You need an excuse to vote absentee, and here they are:
1) Will be absent from their voting jurisdiction on Election Day
2) Are incapacitated or confined due to illness or physical disability, or caring for an incapacitated person
3) Are restricted by religious belief or practice
4) Are employed by an election authority
5) Are incarcerated, but have retained all voting qualifications.
Absentee votes can be cast during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
The Jackson County board will take absentees the last three Saturday mornings before the Nov. 5 election, while the Kansas City board will take absentees the morning of Nov. 2.
Join the Discussion
The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.