This photo was first published in The Star on March 4, 1953. Today the former Ward Parkway Bank is known as Country Club Bank. Its original caption:
The Site of a New Bank — The Postal Life and Casualty Insurance building at 4727 Wyandotte Street, a 2-story and basement structure with 9,000 square feet, has been purchased by the newly chartered Ward Parkway bank for $250,000. Banking operations will be started on ground floor space within ninety days. Postal Life retains the second floor and basement area under lease extending through the next twelve months while a new building is being purchased or built by the insurance company.