Three maintenance workers were injured Tuesday morning in Kansas City, Kan., when chlorine sparked an explosion while they were working on a swimming pool pump.
The incident occurred late Tuesday morning at an apartment complex in the 7600 block of Garfield Court.
Fire officials said that the three workers were taken by ambulance to hospitals for treatment of what appeared to be minor injuries.
Representatives from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration were called in to investigate the incident.
Tony Rizzo, firstname.lastname@example.org