Food on stove ignites apartment fire in Overland Park

12/06/2013 8:35 PM

12/06/2013 8:35 PM

Overland Park fire officials believe that food left unattended on a stove sparked a Friday afternoon apartment fire.

No one was injured in the fire at the Village View Apartments in the 7800 block of Carter Street, but the residents of nine units were displaced because of damage to the building’s roof.

The apartment manager is working to relocate those people, who are also being helped by the American Red Cross.

The fire department said that smoke alarms helped warn residents who got out of the building before firefighters arrived.

| Tony Rizzo, trizzo@kcstar.com

Videos

Join the discussion

is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service